Flying Embers was founded in Ojai, California by a team of entrepreneurs, winemakers, musicians and surfers driven to create the best tasting, highest quality and most innovative organic alcohol drinks in the world. Flying Embers got its name when they banded together during the Thomas Fires to protect everything they had been working to build. The experience gave them the name and their drive towards a purpose beyond the brews. They established the Embers Foundation to support firefighters and first responders with 1% of all sales going directly towards Rewild, Respond and Recover efforts. We take intense pride in pushing the limits of innovation in our brewing and in building our biz. Today, Flying Embers is a national brand with strong local roots in Ventura, California.
Our team is currently looking for a Forklift Operator for the Ventura, CA brewery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a new adventure with a rapidly expanding team.
The position is located our Ventura, CA headquarters.
- Perform any of the following activities at various levels of speed as directed by the Team Leader:
- Safely Operate Forklift and material handling equipment.
- Perform inventory functions including but not exclusive to: Cycle counts, physical inventory, product checks.
- Load and receive materials from trailers.
- Load, store and move materials
- Perform loading documentation process in accordance with Hazmat rules
- Operate and use plant’s warehouse management system/RFID
- Perform packing/quality checks and documentation as required
- Hand stack palletized product as necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the facility
- Be responsible for the final quality of every unit. If unsure of the quality standard required, there is a responsibility to check with the Team Leader before packing questionable product.
- Be responsible for the safety and housekeeping in the immediate work area. Help to clean and report any unsafe conditions to your Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Standards, and follow all plant policies and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Your Skills And Experience
- Able to visually concentrate, remain alert, and listen intensely for extended periods of time.
- Able to stand, sit, lift, bend, crouch, reach and climb consistently for twelve hours.
- Able to grasp and manipulate a variety of packaging components ( ie . sprayers, bottles, caps)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Must be able to lift 45lbs. from floor to shoulder level.
- Must be able to work overtime where necessary.
- Minimum of 2 years forklift experience
- Must be able to safely operate the forklift around co-workers, other forklifts, and mechanical and electrical equipment for up to 12 hours.
- Possibility of working around unpleasant odors.
- Working in non- temperature-controlled environment, including high temperatures and humidity for extended periods of time.
- Possibility of working around high noise levels, depending on location.
- Constant interaction with a variety of chemicals and chemical products.
- Comprehensive health and wellness coverage
- Flexible working environment
- Flexible Spending Account/Commuter Benefits
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Pet Insurance for your furry kids
- Free personal development therapy (EAP)
- Free Flying Embers!!!
- Company branded swag
- Brand partnership discounts with other local purpose driven companies
- Happy hours, team-building, company-sponsored events and festivals
- Casual/Creative Office Environment
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Full mobility and physical capability to work in a brewery environment
- Occasionally required to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
- Lifting up to 55 pounds to shoulder height as needed
- Working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
- Ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
- Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery.
- Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position
- Must be 21 years of age
- This position is located at our plant in Ventura, CA. Applicants must be able to reliably commute to the plant daily. No relocation assistance available
- Adapt to work around changes in brewing, packaging and production schedules and work various schedules, which may also include: additional shifts or hours, swing, on-call, or night shifts, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime as operations dictate. Additionally, management reserves the right to temporarily or permanently revise working hours to meet the needs of the company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.