Flying Embers was founded in Ojai, California by a team of entrepreneurs, winemakers, musicians and surfers driven to create the best tasting, highest quality and most innovative organic alcohol drinks in the world. Flying Embers got its name when they banded together during the Thomas Fires to protect everything they had been working to build. The experience gave them the name and their drive towards a purpose beyond the brews. They established the Embers Foundation to support firefighters and first responders with 1% of all sales going directly towards Rewild, Respond and Recover efforts. We take intense pride in pushing the limits of innovation in our brewing and in building our biz. Today, Flying Embers is a national brand with strong local roots in Ventura, California.
Our team is currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic for the Ventura, CA brewery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a new adventure with a rapidly expanding team.
The position is located our Ventura, CA headquarters.
Under direct and indirect supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for routinely, accurately, and safely performing/addressing the following:
- Test, monitor, repair, and maintain the packaging, brewing, facility machinery and spaces, change over packaging lines, and keep the lines and systems operating safely and efficiently
- Perform general housekeeping, basic electrical and wiring, record keeping and organization of maintenance actions
- Perform preventative maintenance on production and auxiliary equipment
- Operate packaging machines/lines as needed
- Additional responsibilities may include parts inventory and processing using electronic tools and computer software, driving to pick-up parts, working directly with the maintenance, brewing, quality, and supply chain & logistics departments; 5-S and Quality Circle activities
- Performing other duties as assigned and/or required
Your Skills And Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) year Technical Degree in Automotive, Aviation, Marine, Industrial or related field
- At least five (5) years of extensive experience performing mechanical maintenance on high-speed automated production line equipment in the food or beverage manufacturing industry
- Be organized and have strong time management skills
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) in English
- Intermediate arithmetic, algebra and metric measuring systems to include unit conversion
- Ability to read schematics and P&IDs
- Comply with GMP, Safety, and Audit standards
- Valid class C state of California driver’s license
- Comprehensive health and wellness coverage
- Flexible working environment
- Flexible Spending Account/Commuter Benefits
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Pet Insurance for your furry kids
- Free personal development therapy (EAP)
- Free Flying Embers!!!
- Company branded swag
- Brand partnership discounts with other local purpose driven companies
- Happy hours, team building, company-sponsored events and festivals
- Casual/Creative Office Environment
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Full mobility and physical capability to work in a brewery environment
- Occasionally required to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
- Continuously lift to shoulder height and carry up to 75 lbs. with or without available assistive devices and push or pull up to 200 lbs
- Safely handle and work around moving machinery, mechanical devices, chemicals, gasses, and hot liquids in high and confined spaces
- Working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
- Ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
- Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery.
- Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position
- Must be 21 years of age
- This position is located at our plant in Ventura, CA. Applicants must be able to reliably commute to the plant daily. No relocation assistance available
- Adapt to work around changes in brewing, packaging and production schedules and work various schedules, which may also include additional shifts or hours, swing, on-call, or night shifts, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime as operations dictate. Additionally, management reserves the right to temporarily or permanently revise working hours to meet the needs of the company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.