Flying Embers was founded in Ojai, California by a team of entrepreneurs, winemakers, musicians and surfers driven to create the best tasting, highest quality and most innovative organic alcohol drinks in the world. Flying Embers got its name when they banded together during the Thomas Fires to protect everything they had been working to build. The experience gave them the name and their drive towards a purpose beyond the brews. They established the Embers Foundation to support firefighters and first responders with 1% of all sales going directly towards Rewild, Respond and Recover efforts. We take intense pride in pushing the limits of innovation in our brewing and in building our biz. Today, Flying Embers is a national brand with strong local roots in Ventura, California.
Our team is currently looking for a Field Marketing Intern in the Ventura County, CA area. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a new adventure with a rapidly expanding team.
Who you are:
Our Marketing Intern is a highly motivated individual that is enthusiastic about learning and growing in all things Marketing. They are accountable, driven, and detail oriented. Our Intern will become well versed in experiential marketing, shopper and trade marketing, digital and performance marketing, and market/competitive research. They will have various projects in these concentrations but will focus on increasing brand awareness through field marketing tactics.
Who we are:
Flying Embers is an innovative fermented beverage company. We specialize in USDA Organic hard kombucha, canned cocktails, and hard seltzers. Our beverages are a better-for-you option, built for the modern drinker. The brand was launched during the 2017 Thomas Fires. This inspired our name and our values. Today, Flying Embers supports the Embers Foundation, a 501c3 that works to support first responders, communities, and surrounding habitats in the wildland-urban interface.
What you’ll do:
- Execute experiential events and product samplings (i.e. community events, in store demos, festivals etc.)
- Educate and engage with consumers regarding Flying Embers story, product line, and values
- Assist in transportation of tent, product, POS etc. (ensuring all assets are clean and up to standard)
- Complete and submit weekly recaps to Marketing Manager
- Support the shopper/trade marketing team
- Must be 21+
- Live in Santa Barbara/Ventura/Oxnard
- Connected to your local community. Able to source top notch events and introduce the brand to relevant communities, ambassadors & influential people.
- Approachable, energetic & engaging personality. Exceptional ability to interact and speak to all types of consumers.
- Attention to detail. No detail too small or too large gets by you.
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with Marketing Manager and Sales Team
- Stellar execution of events and samplings.
- Ability to independently manage projects and a schedule.
- Interest in content creation, with ability to capture photo & video.
- Comfortable completing weekly and monthly performance reports and presenting to Management
- 2 demo/week (communicated by sales or BB owned)
- 1 event/week (BB owned)
- 1 event/month with 2,000+ attendees
- 5 outreach emails/week
- Event execution standards
- Sales communication standard
- Brand training
- Promomash Training
- Research/planning resources
- Do’s & Don’ts of the job
- Comprehensive health and wellness coverage
- Flexible working environment
- Flexible Spending Account/Commuter Benefits
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Pet Insurance for your furry kids
- Free personal development therapy (EAP)
- Free Flying Embers!!!
- Company branded swag
- Brand partnership discounts with other local purpose driven companies
- Happy hours, team building, company-sponsored events and festivals
- Casual/Creative Office Environment
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Occasionally required to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Manual manipulation of small parts and all equipment necessary to the job
- Continuously lift to shoulder height and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Working in often hot/wet/cold/humid conditions
- Ability to walk up and down stairs throughout shift
- Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery.
- Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.